Wednesday 24 October 2018

Today Reminder (Love is) – 24 October 2018


A reminder for today
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. (1 John 4:8)

Love is a beautiful song. I love those cartoons of “Love is…” Love is… you and me. Love is… when being together is enough. Love is… giving a hug. And so, we can go on and on, but the most important thing is that he who does not love, does not know God, because God is love. John started with beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Knowing God is knowing love, because there is no greater love than He who is willing to lay down His life for His friends. The ultimate love sacrifice was made visible when Jesus gave His life for our sins. When it comes to love I am not the expert and in no way do I have the answers, but what I do know is how God wants us to love.

In His example He loved the weak and the poor and the sinners and He then gave His life for them and His friends and the people who was His enemies. Jesus also made it clear that we should love our enemies and love all we meet. Loving people is the best way to display His grace and His presence in our lives.

I believe that love can overcome and defeat any obstacle. I experienced it first hand in the support I got from my friends while going though my challenges. When people love and care for you, you get that extra little boost from their affection and their love that pushes you up from the bottom and gets you going again.

I am a fighter and a survivor, and I do not like to be defeated and broken. I can do anything through Jesus that strengthens me. So, I stood up from my pit and I got out and I am fighting again. I will fight the enemy until the end of time and I will continue to pray and worship my God regardless of the storms and the challenges that I face. I will love, and I will show love so that I can bring glory to my God and saviour. 

We only have one life, many choices, but one life. I wish to live my life so that the enemy will dread every step I take. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...