Thursday 18 October 2018

Today Reminder (Nightmare) – 18 October 2018


A reminder for today
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. (Psalms 119:4)

What started as an awesome week soon became a near nightmare. We had our nationals on Sunday and I took gold in my group plus my son and my students did so well taking home a lot of medals in their different categories. After my fight I realised my foot had a weird pain and when I bent down to investigate I realised I had broken my little toe. Later that evening my stomach started to act up which was eventually diagnosed as salmonella (very bad eggs). So, from Sunday on I have been so sick. I have never been this sick ever before in my life. What a disaster. But as we know in all bad God will always turn it around. It humbled me that I was spared this while I competed and that I was so blessed to have won. I am humbled by His grace in blessing all my students and their successes. And most of all I am humbled by the wonders and mercies of an almighty God. I was telling a friend this week that the challenges are now coming in waves. The enemy is really got it in for me. Well, great bring it on because I can do anything with the Lord, my God. 

So, I am sorry for missing our appointments this week, but I was so sick, and I am still not cured. The battle is still on, but I know that my Lord will bless me with health. Well, now that you know how my week went, how are you, my friend. I do hope this reminder finds you well and that you are praying as often as you can and that you spend time in God’s word. I just want to say that I have taken His word and I have placed it in my heart so that I will not sin against my God, but that it will create a shield against the attacks of the enemy and strengthen my foundation. His word is my sword and a light to my feet. He guides me and teaches me and fills me with joy, even when I enter darkness I am not afraid for my God is with me and He will never forsake me. 

Be strong, my friend.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...