Monday 8 October 2018

Today Reminder (Humble) – 08 October 2018


A reminder for today
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. (Philippians 2:3-4)

What is strife? Strife is the exertion or contention for superiority; contest of emulation, either by intellectual or physical efforts. Vainglory is the exclusive vanity excited by one's own performances; empty pride; undue elation of mind. When Paul writes about strife and vainglory he emphasises the levels of where we should not go and what we should not ne or become. I struggle with this a lot. You see in our country there is a lot of unnecessary racism and discrimination and this in its own tends to unravel my suppressed anger issues (if you can call it that). So, I often find myself full if strife and vainglory as per this verse. 

It takes a few moments to just focus on what I am doing so that I can hear the Holy Spirt warning me against my attitude and my ridiculous behaviour. So, as intentional unintentional as it may seem it is related to issues that I need to resolve and hand over to God and to trust Him with them. I need to move forward so that the Holy Spirit can use me the next time to show God to someone. 

Humility is a hard concept for many and to be humble at all times can be just as hard as to be nice all the time. Ye, Paul makes it clear that this is the right way. In fact, Paul goes as far as saying that must be of lowliness in mind and you must esteem other better than yourself. Now this one is the tough one, because arrogance and self esteem can be a huge hurdle in your journey. So, many have fallen because the deem themselves better than other.

So, today I want to challenge you as I am challenging myself to be less judgemental and to consider other better than yourself. To be humble and to give as much as you can. Do not allow strife or vainglory into your lives but instead seek the light and peace and content that comes with Jesus Christ.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...