Monday 22 October 2018

Today Reminder (Sound Mind) – 22 October 2018


A reminder for today
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)

This weekend I explained to my kids what is about to happen and how this new change will affect their lives. This is a conversation I have had with myself a thousand times in the last few weeks and it was still one of the hardest moments in my life and one that will stay with me for a very long time. I made sure that they had the whole picture, but it was important to me that they understand they will be safe and that all will be fine. To be honest I had no idea how to approach this and how to go about it, but I guess the Spirit of the Lord the guided me carefully through the whole process.

Of all the things this is one of the worst times in my life and probably the one thing that has send my mind into turmoil over and over again. I have never felt this lost before and I have never been so afraid of what to expect and what to do. I could feel the enemy launching one attack after the next fighting to pull me under and to break what is left of me. 

Paul writes here that we do not have a spirit of fear. We have a spirit of power and love and a sound mind. Now I can confirm this, because in the past few weeks I could feel my spirit fighting every attack and every negative word and every fear. I could feel my body is weak, but my spirit keeps fighting. When my mind was in turmoil my spirit remined strong giving me a sound mind in moments where I was just nowhere.

My relationship with the Lord has grown exponentially in past few months and the enemy know this. So, I am not surprised that he is throwing everything in to get to me. Once again, I can declare that I have a spirit of power and that I will not fear what lies ahead. I will not worry about tomorrow, because I have a promise in Jesus that He will look after me and that I will be fine. I have a sound mind because of the spirit that lives in me and the peace I have knowing that my redeemer lives.

Sometimes we should just stop and stand still for a moment and just inhale His presence. You are born to be victorious. Do not give up. Do not stop and do not be afraid. Live for Him and love like Him.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...