Tuesday 9 October 2018

Today Reminder (BFF) – 09 October 2018

A reminder for today
A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24)

Best friends forever. Do you have one of those? I friend that has stuck with you through thick and thin. I have a friend like that, but the sad thing is we haven’t seen each other for years. We live in different cities and life as we know does not stop for anyone, so time just bounced by us, but we chat little from time to time to keep updated. Why are friends so important?

Well when I look at the last few weeks and how great it was to have a few friends around to listen and support me, I must admit that the value of friendship is impossible to measure. I never really had many friends and to be honest my marriage did not keep many of friends since my friends at that time was not good for my marriage. You see I was (used to be) a very sociable lad and of course I had many sociable friends that loved to go out and have a few drinks and we all know drinks and friends and away from your home is not always a good thing. So, it caused a little unnecessary unhappiness and I realised that it is better to stick to my wife than to have these guys around. 

So, since then I did not have many friends but lately in my distress a added a few friends to my list and believe me they came just at the right time. Now, with that in mind I want to remind you that true friendship is far more valuable than all the gold in the world. True friends will always tell you the truth and they are the people that pray the most for you. They are there when you are going through good times to applaud you and they are there in your bad times to help you carry your burden.

They are rare and very few can manage the role, but to have one is true gift from God and they are often as valuable in our lives as our guardian angels are. Therefore, I wish to challenge you to be that kind of friend and to be the one that supports, protects and defend your friends verbally and on your knees in prayer. 

Thank you for being my friend and standing with me through all my challenges. You remain in prayers, my friend.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...