Tuesday 26 February 2019

Reflections of faith (Defender) – 26 February 2019


But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield. (Psalm 5:11-12)

The enemy is hard at work trying to get to me. My business is taking huge knocks and I am considering closing my fitness classes, because my kids need my time. I believe that time with my children is far more valuable than all the money in the world. But at this stage a little help would be great. I lost a few students this year and it is getting harder to make ends meet. Yesterday was a good example of how the enemy uses anyone to get to me. I had a class and my house keeper looks after the kids when I am teaching. On Mondays she works at my ex -wife’s house and yesterday she called my ex to say she would not be in because one of her kids was sick. My ex just did not think it important to share it with me. So, minutes before my class I called her, and you can imagine I was not impressed when she simply said that that my house keeper is not coming today. Not a good day, but then God send a storm, so my class was cancelled. I think God is looking after me in ways that I can just not explain.

I read this psalm to my son last night. I love it. Let them who trust the Lord rejoice, because He defends them. He will protect those who love Him like a shield. God will bless the righteous. He is my shield at this moment in my life. I tell you the storms around me is quite intimidating and I am so tired from this burden that shadows me. But I will keep trusting my Lord and I will rejoice, because my enemies will stand in amazement when they see what my God is doing in my life. I know He is busy changing my course and I know God is altering my journey. I must just be patient. I worry about my kids, but I know that they are safe and protected because my trust is in the God who created heaven and earth, the only living God. 

The world and the people of this world may try and get to me, but my God is my defender and I will sing praises as the storm rages on, because I am safe in His hands and I am a child of God. Nothing can pull me from His hands and His protection, and I can do all things through my God who strengthens me. There is no one like our God. Have an awesome day. 

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...