Monday 4 February 2019

Reflections of faith (Gain) – 4 February 2019


For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. (Philippians 1:21)

How was your weekend, my friend? Mine was great! I took my boys and we visited my Mom and Dad. I love the drive down to them and to just take in the beauty of our country. The roads are terrible, but the scenery is awesome. The drive back is never nice, because it means that I have to take my kids to their mom for her week. Never a nice feeling and I think I will never get used to it. I miss them way too much. 

God is so good to me and He has done some pretty amazing things in my life the past few weeks. Every morning I wake up with that immense feeling of gratitude. God is good all the time and all the time God is good. 

Paul writes that to live is Christ and to die is gain. We often forget that this life is a mere moment and the life that is after this one is eternal. So, for me it is something I look forward to, but more so do I want to live a life that glorifies my Lord. A life that is not only lived but one that resembles a living God. They say a heart that is broken is a heart that loved. And a heart that loves is a life lived. 

All I want to do is love my kids and give them an example of a God-fearing father that lives for the glory and honour of His God. I want to live this life for Christ in such a way that everyone will see Him in me and that my children will remember it. To me that is a life lived, when people will say that I lived for God and that I was never selfish but that I gave it all for those I love and for my Lord. 

I do not want to leave a legacy and I do not care if the world never knows me, but I want those I meet and those I love to see Jesus in me. To me that is gain and to die is gain and finally I will be with my Father. I will gladly give this life for His glory and for His honour. Jesus is the only way and the only name I want people around me to know and to remember. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...