Thursday 21 February 2019

Reflections of faith (What is man) – 21 February 2019


When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? (Psalm 8:3-4)

What is man, that you are mindful of him? Who am I that the Lord will give His life for me? What have I done that I am blessed with another day? Why am I given all the blessings I have and all the love I receive? Why am I so important to such an amazing and powerful God?

I think when we start to look at God in perspective and who He is and who we are then we tend to have a different picture. Our worldly nature is quick to boost our arrogance and our self-esteem. The world is all about titles and positions and who we are and where we stay and what we have. Our material needs far exceed our heavenly needs. It is as if people are blind to the truth but open to the lies. Have you ever noticed that people will rather believe a lie about you than the truth.

I have seen it the last few months how God can heal a broken heart multiple times. I think my heart did not just broke the last week, it was shattered. But the very God who created it all is the God that holds us and my little boys in His hands. He is the one that is mindful of us. Mindful means to be attentive; regarding with care; bearing in mind; heedful; observant.

So, who am I that God is mindful of me? I am a lost and broken vessel marked with the scars of many storms, heartache and pain. I a sinner who turned away from my God and followed the wrong path. I am lair and deceiver. I am arrogant and selfish. I am that person no more. A few years ago, I turned my life around and I turned back to my God. My life slowly changed, and I grew with every day as God prepared me for the greatest test ever in my life. I am stronger and I am gradually growing more with every day. I am not alone, and I am holding on to my God with everything in me.

God is mindful of me, because I am His child and He knows my heart. He knows me completely and He still loves me despite my faults. The amazing thing is that He send someone that loves me also despite my mistakes and my faults. Someone that actually sees me for who I am. Someone that prays with me and fights with me. Someone that makes me laugh again.

So, who am I? I am a son of God and victor in life. I am a light to my world, and I am a mirror image of God and His grace. When I consider the heavens and the work of His hands, I am motivated and encouraged. I am fearless, because I know the God who created it all. I know His love and I know His grace. I am more, because He changed me and renewed the old me and created a better and stronger me that lives for His glory. Have an awesome day.

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...