Friday 8 February 2019

Reflections of faith (All things) – 8 February 2019

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)

It is cloudy outside making it a cooler day than what we had the last few weeks. It gets really hot in the summer, but this year it just seems much hotter than normal. Funny weather. Finally, it is Friday which means two more nights and then my kids are with me. Can’t wait.

 So, Paul says that all things work together for good to them that loves God. This specific verse came up a few times this week and I thought that I will share it with you. When you look at what is happening in me and in my life at the moment you will know that I understand this verse much better now.

God is just confirming His love and His forgiveness over me and over life and He is slowly putting me in place as His plans are unfolding around me. Paul says, “all things”. Now when he says all things, he means all things. In all the things, troubles, mistakes, problems, challenges, pain and loss and more God will let it all work together for good. 

I have change from an angry ex-husband to a caring person towards everyone and towards my ex-wife. I realised that if I want my kids to grow up and learn how a man must treat a woman, they will see it in my behaviour and in what I do. 

I am not parenting two boys, I am preparing two men for life. I am the Word of God that speaks life into their little lives. I am the one who will set the bar and be the example that they can live up to. I am their father, but I am also their link to knowing God. If I expect it, I must demonstrate it in my way of life.

This is also vital in how we treat other and how we expect them to know God. God is love and the answer to any problem, but I must be willing to stand up and show that love and trust God in all things. I must glorify Him when all things come together, and I must tell every one of His love and grace over my life. God is so good.

This weekend make it your mission or your goal to allow God to let all things in our lives work together for good. Let us trust Him and adore Him and seek Him first. Be the person God made you to be and allow Him to open your eyes for your faults and follow His voice and let Him guide you.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...