Monday 18 February 2019

Reflections of faith (The heart) – 18 February 2019


The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. (Jeremiah 17:9-10)

How was your weekend, my friend? We had great weekend and I had so much fun with the kids and my amazing friend. I just wish they can stay with me all the time. Maybe one day. 

The heart is deceitful, who can know it? When you hear all the nonsense your ex told the world around you and how it was so cleverly intended to hurt and clear her conscience, you get upset. It is a natural response to be upset when someone deliberately tries to make you look bad so that their wrongs can be camouflaged by what they say.

The heart can mislead people. Sometimes we can deceive people by our outside appearance, and we try and manipulate other people’s ideas by what we say and do. People can be very convincing when they find sympathy in other. Anyone can deceive someone when that person does not have all the facts. People can be gullible and naïve, and it is normal to be sympathetic to someone who comes across as genuine and true.

I love this and believe me I tell myself this so often. God does not look at your appearance or who you are of even what you did. God looks at your heart and He tests the heart and then gives every man according to his ways.

So, I can deceive the world around me, but I cannot deceive God. This changes things, because God can do much more harm to me than any man. I should look at this and understand the consequences of my actions. Why would I live a lie when I know God sees right through me? All I do and all I want is God and for God. It is all about Him and His glory. Therefore, I know when God looks at my heart, He sees who I am and the great thing is that when people actually get to know me, they see that heart and soon realise that maybe, just maybe a lot of the things that was said are not correct. 

This is why I get upset but soon loses it, because I know it is in God’s hands and He will deal with it correctly. I must just do what I do and keep living for His glory and I must keep teaching my boys the truth that is in His Word. I must remember that my battle is not with the one who says bad things, but my fight is with the one who is behind it and the devious and dark plans of satan to hurt and destroy. Jesus said that if you ignore the enemy and you do not allow his lies to affect you, he will flee from you. 

I am in the best place of my life and I am so blessed and filled with so much joy. Why would I allow the enemy to come between me and God when all I want is my God? You must have an awesome day and remember that the enemy can never take you out of God’s hands. 

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...