Friday 22 February 2019

Reflections of faith (Forbit them not) – 22 February 2019


But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 19:14)

Jesus spoke to the crowd telling them no to hinder the little children from coming to Him. He made a very clear and hard statement: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of heaven belongs to them. I love to listen to my kids and how pure and innocent their faith is, and I often learn from their innocence and unconditional love.

Yesterday my little one did not want to go to his mom. This created quite a predicament and I had to talk to her and try and make her understand that we need to look at his interests first and what will heal his little heart. I can just imagine how hard it is for him to understand and deal with all of this when it is hard for me. It is hard and difficult, and I am so careful not to do the wrong thing or say the wrong thing. So, I was in prayer asking God for advice and especially wisdom. 

I feel that the Holy Spirit is guiding me in creating a save environment and way for my son to heal and understand and cope with what is dropped into his little life. This is why these verses came to mind when Jesus said do not hinder them. I feel that we should not force a child into a place if he is not yet comfortable with it. I also believe that my son will heal over time and everything will be fine. But it is in this moment that we should act responsibly and not selfish or inappropriate. So, I will make it clear to him that his mommy loves him, and this is better for her. 

I will never turn my children against their mom, and I will not try and make her look bad so that I can look good and not so guilty. My main concern remains my child and his best interest and if you think that is wrong, please take a moment and read these verses. The kingdom of heaven belongs such as these. It is a very important time in his little life, and I will make sure he feels safe and protected and loved through this.

So, today I wish to remind you that we must have child like faith. Unconditional faith and trust in God. This is where I find myself currently. I am at scratch putting all my faith and trust back into God and His time and plans. In no way will I detour from my current path and in no way will I not listen to the voice of my God. I want to bring my kids to the Lord and pray for them and their mom so that all of this will pass and that all of us will be fine once more. Have an awesome weekend.

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...