Wednesday 16 April 2014

Today Reminder – 16 April 2014 (Day 12 – My Life)



A reminder for today
I choose to hear nothing, and I make no reply. For I am waiting for you, O LORD. You must answer for me, O Lord my God. (Psalm 38:14-15)

Yesterday I left you with this question: What is it that makes you stand up each day and face life and all its challenges? 

Today I want to add to that. I want to remind you why I think life is worth fighting for. I want to remind you who you are and where you are going. I want to share with you what it is that makes me get up each day. 

Just as you I face many challenges each day, some small and some quite challenging. In all my tries I found only one thing that keeps me steady and keeps me fighting. This one thing combines all that we need into one and that is Jesus Christ. 

Here are my tips on living a life that will keep you fighting:

I know that nothing I do comes from my own ability.
I know that all I have comes from grace and not because I am special in some way.
I know that I did not evolve out of nothing, but I was masterfully created by God.
I know that all my sins died on the cross with Jesus and I know that His resurrection gave me life in abundance.
I know that I must trust God and be patient for His time and my time are not the same.
I know that each day is a gift and I must live each moment fully.
I know that my strength does not come from supplements, but from God.
I know that I have a responsibility to live for Jesus and to show Him to you.
I know that Jesus lives and there is no doubt in my mind about that.
I know that all things happen with a purpose.
I know that my two boys look to me for guidance and I must show them my guidance comes from God.
I know that my life is a life that I live for Jesus and nothing can take that away.
I know that death is not the end.
I know that this world is temporary.
I know that what I have is enough so I live with content.
I know that you are my friend and together we must stand against all that wants to deceive us.
I know that you are special in ways you can’t imagine.
And finally I know who Jesus is and each day I make time to talk to Him.

Life is so precious and much shorter than we realise. Do not waste a single moment hating it, but spend your life embracing it. Spend your time living and stop looking at the bad and what you do not have and start looking at what you have. It is not there for no reason. It is there for you and what you do today with your life will echo in days to come. Live my friend, because in living we defeat death.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...