Tuesday 29 April 2014

Today Reminder – 29 April 2014 (Day 22 – My Life)



A reminder for today
I cried out, "I am slipping!" but your unfailing love, O LORD, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. (Psalm 94:18-19)

Life is full of potholes and most of them are hidden from sight. Why do we fall? We fall so that we can stand up again. I have written to you before about slipping and falling. Sometimes we slip with minor injuries and sometime we get stuck in sink sand and it feels as if we are pulled under as life and all its problems start to suffocate us.

My friend, life is all about falling and standing up again. It is when we fall that the enemy will always try and confuse us by filling our minds with doubt. Doubt makes us rethink our choices and this is when we make more mistakes. These mistakes cause more doubt and in the end we start losing faith and that is exactly what the enemy wants.

These verses are so awesome. The minute I read these verses I just knew they were for you. I see us on a mountain climbing a steep section when we start to slip. The more we try to regain our grip the more we slip and the further we fall. Suddenly the rope around our waists is tightened as we are pulled up to the top of the ledge where we were on our way to. When we finally calmed down we see a number of rangers who helped to rescue us from a definite and painful end. 

When we slip it is the Lord who throws a rope at us and who pulls us out of the sand in back onto dry land. It is the Lord whom supports us and comforts us with renewed hope and cheer. With this in mind we should not slip anymore nor should doubt find its way into our minds.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...