Wednesday 23 April 2014

Today Reminder – 23 April 2014 (Day 17 – My Life)



A reminder for today
A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else! I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked. (Psalm 84:10)

What are your dreams? What do you dream for your life? Do you see yourself rich and famous or do you see yourself poor and trampled on? How many people would rather be rich and famous than poor and trampled? They say “money is power” and that is so true. With money comes a variety of misuses and greed. So many falls into the trap of seeking wealth and power and in their lust they lose their way and their faith.

I love this verse. I can just imagine how wonderful it will be when we are finally with our Lord. Our reward from our Lord is far greater than anything this world has to offer (A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else!)
Unfortunately so many get deceived by the promise of power that they will do anything to obtain it and before they know it they are so deep into the grip of lust and desire that they cannot find their way back. When I look at this life I must say that I agree with the psalmist - I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked. Whatever is of this world remains temporary and will not be able to save you.

I have had many dreams in my life and I must admit they all entailed success and nice cars, but as I got older I realised that these dreams are not the correct dreams and that my dreams should be God’s dreams for His glory - His will and His way. Now I know I should live for Him and that one day in His courts is better than a thousand anywhere else. Let us dream my friend, but let us dream with the maker of dreams and let our Lord lead us to the dreams He has for us, because in the end His dreams for us is much bigger than our own small minded dreams.

"Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn't obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash." (Matthew 7) 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...