Thursday 24 April 2014

Today Reminder – 24 April 2014 (Day 18 – My Life)



A reminder for today
Teach me your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honour you. With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God. I will give glory to your name forever, for your love for me is very great. You have rescued me from the depths of death. (Psalm 86:11-13)

Yesterday was the last day for my wife’s parents here in South Africa before they had to return to Canada. As we sat down together for supper I could sense that heavy feeling of sadness hidden among light humour and merry laughs. It is always a difficult part of their time here, because we see them only once a year and even then it feels as if our time together is way too short. It is frightening when you realise how quickly time passes and then you get that suffocating feeling that you just need more time. There is no extra time and before you know it, the little you had is gone. It is in these last moments that we show real purity of heart and it is then when emotions can no longer be controlled.

How important is our moments together? When we have time to be with each other it is precious moments that we must use and enjoy. Time can sometimes be so cruel and that is why I feel a huge need for the Lord to teach me His ways so that I can live according to His truth so that I can utilize the little time I have with you to bring honour to His name and to spend quality time with you.

That is why I ask the Lord to grant me purity of heart so that when we talk I can invest time in you and honour Him. It is my heart’s desire to do His will and to give you all that He gives me. Then we can praise Him and give glory to His name. The Lord’s love for you is very great and with that knowledge we should look at each other with new eyes and we should love with new hearts, because we have been rescued from the depths of death. 

We should use our lives to live for Him and stand by each other. We should not waste time, but use time to our advantage. We should take time and be more for each other. We should be pure friends with pure hearts.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...