Tuesday 22 April 2014

Today Reminder – 22 April 2014 (Day 16 – My Life)



A reminder for today
My life is an example to many, because you have been my strength and protection. (Psalm 71:7)

I guess many come to a point in life where they want to be able to leave a legacy behind. They desire a life that people will remember and many will reflect back on when they are here no more. To some it must be a sense of immortality, to be remembered beyond death. 

How do you want to be remembered? I can’t think that anyone would wish for people to remember their mistakes. Everyone would rather want people to remember their accomplishments and successes. This is quite a question – how do you want to be remembered?

David writes here in psalm 71 that his life was an example to all, because of his strength and protection that came from God. David knew this and never questioned it. This is quite a bold statement. 

There are days that I would not mind for people to never remember me and let me pass uninterrupted and then there are the days where one thinks about what happened and you wonder how you will be remembered. I can just pray and ask God to give me the knowledge and patience to live a life that would set an example.

We are all here for one reason and that is to live a life that will glorify God and in this life you can be remembered for the glory that you gave to God. When people remember me, I would rather that they remember God by the way I live and lived. Live to be different and live to bring back the focus to God.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...