Friday 18 November 2016

Today Reminder – 18 November 2016



A reminder for today
He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control. (Philippians 3:21)

How are you, my friend? Do you also feel that you just do not want to get up in the mornings? I call this time of the year the “Tired Chronicles”. The year is long and we have done so much, worked so hard and it feels as if our bodies are just tired. So we get to this point where we just not want to get up. We feel it would be better to spend the day in bed and just sleep. 

What makes other get up and go to work when we feel that we just cannot go on anymore. You know my kids has got a lot of energy, but when they get up and say they are just tired and they want to go to school, then you realize the year was tough. 

So what makes me get up, go to gym, come back and take the kids to school. Go to work, break for lunch and do my second workout. Finish work and go home. Do the dishes, wash the clothes and make supper, plus make my food for the next day and bath the kids. You might think it is habit or a sense of responsibility. I guess most of us go to work because we need the money. But what makes you get up enthusiastically and willing to give it your best. 

To me it is simple, it is Jesus. It is the promise of life that I have in Him and the gift of ability that He blesses me with. I know that if I remain in bed the enemy won and I gave up when the fight is nearing its end. I know that I cannot slack, but that I must be ready and prepared, because soon He will return and will take our weak bodies and change them into glorious bodies like His own and we will spend eternity with Him.

So today, I know you are tired but I want to urge you not to give. Stand up and fight the good fight with me. Do not let the enemy convince you that you are powerless. Your power is in Jesus Christ and with Him all is possible and His gift of strength is endless. Take a moment and take a break, but return confident and determined. You are unstoppable and when you wake up tomorrow I want to hear the enemy say “Oh no, they are up!”.

Lord, fill us with your strength and let us fight to win this battle. You are all we need. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...