Thursday 3 November 2016

Today Reminder – 3 November 2016



A reminder for today
A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.(Ephesians 6:10-11)

I must say that some days I find it hard to write to you. These are the days where my mind is a maze of thoughts filled with my own challenges and troubles. I find myself in a huge conflict and I struggle with my own mind. It is as if I allow my troubles to create a wall between me and the Lord and I do not hear His voice, or rather, I hear His voice by my troubles deafen me. It takes a moment to sort through my thoughts so that I can focus again and then I hear His voice. At first the Lord talks to me about my mistakes that lead to where my thoughts are and then He starts to present options and solutions to my challenges but I am still not listening. When I am like this I am just tired and in no way able to see direction. So it takes a little time. 

This morning with my thoughts rumbling through my head the Lord reminds me of the Armour of God that we should wear every day. You see the enemy will look for a weak spot in our defense and the minute he finds it, he focuses on that until we break. I have one such point that the enemy abuses to his own gain in so many ways and I struggle to get past it. 

So today we are going to put on our Armour so that the enemy will struggle to find a weak spot in our defense.

Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

Lord, help us to wear your Armour so that we will stand strong against all the arrows of the enemy. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...