Monday 21 November 2016

Today Reminder – 21 November 2016



A reminder for today
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

How was your weekend, my friend? I took the boys to visit my parents on the their farm and we had a great weekend. As we took the highway down to Mpumalanga the boys were very excited to see their grand parents again. We turned down and went through Middelburg onto a road that I know so well from all the years I have driven it. Memories came rushing back as we stared up Botha’s Mountain and down into the valley were I grew up. It is a beautiful drive as we drove from one bend to the next as the road turned and descended down. My Ford Ranger held nicely into the bends as we drove into Stoffberg. He must’ve been just as excited to take the road down here as we were. For a moment the worries and stress of our lives seemed to disappear when we tuned into my parent’s driveway. 

I love these verses and I believe that we should make them part of us as we journey into the last few days of this year. Paul writes that we should not worry about anything, instead we should pray about everything. We must tell God what we need and thank Him. My friend, you and I have already witnessed the power of prayer as we prayed for rain and the Lord is blessing our land with it. I also told you that I believe that the Lord is going to bless us in the same way. So let us be focused and diligent in our prayers. So that we will experience His peace and His peace will guard our minds as we live for Him. 

My dear friend, this is going to be a Christmas like none before. I believe that we will see His miracles and we will show Him to a world that is lost and many will turn back. This Christmas we will celebrate His birth, but we will also celebrate the birth of a new you and new me and hundreds of new hearts in the kingdom of God. 

So today, stop worrying and start praying.

Lord, as we fall to our knees and as we call on your name. I pray that you will hear our prayers and reign over us. Bless us in this season so that our joy will be contagious and let all who seek you in us see you with open hearts. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...