Tuesday 1 November 2016

Today Reminder – 1 November 2016



A reminder for today
Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit.(Ephesians 5:17-18)

Last night they had Jaws on one of the channels and I watched it for a little while. I saw it when I was still in school and to watch it again last night I must admit it was not the same. Technology really changed the way we look at movies. What caught me for a moment is how the characters in the movie make themselves available for danger. They would deliberately go and swim in the night or when they are attacked they will not try and get away they will wait for the next attack. They almost acted thoughtlessly not understanding the danger. Alcohol makes modern people act like that in today’s modern world. With all the technology and health magazines and with medical aids focusing on living healthy people still drink alcohol and they still smoke. I guess it is something like telling a child not to touch a hot plate and they still do it. The only difference is that the child will not touch a hot plate again, where a smoker or a drinker will continue to do so. It is all about choices and I know because I too made the same mistakes, until one day I realized that this is not what God wants and I made a conscious decision to change. In the end it is a choice you make and if you make that choice with you mind determined to change, you will. But if you quit now and start again and then want to quit but you don’t then you have not made a choice. You are actually fooling yourself.

So today my challenge is that you do not act thoughtlessly, but seek what God wants you to do.

Lord, I pray for all of us caught up in the grip of alcohol and all other addicted substances. I pray that you will guide us and give us strength so that we will defeat the enemy and rid ourselves from an addiction. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...