Friday 23 November 2018

Today Reminder (The just) – 23 November 2018


A reminder for today
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. (Romans 1:17)

Paul writes that the just shall live by faith. A just man is in an evangelical sense, righteous; religious; influenced by a regard to the laws of God; or living in exact conformity to the divine will. A just person is one that lives for God and is influenced only by the laws of God. A religious and righteous person. Am I a just man?

When I consider this question, I realise that I am still far from just. I still break the laws of God, because there is not small sins and large sins in God’s eyes. Sin is sin no matter which one you broke, you broke them all, because the one we break condemns us into judgement. I try to be righteous and religious, but I fail at this also. I try to be free from sin and mistakes, but I also fall in this regard.

I try to live in conformity with the divine will of God, but sometimes I follow my own head and I end up making another mistake. Am I just?

When you listen to my explanation you would think I am on the verge of giving up and letting go to the world and its ways, but it is not even close. I may fall and I may make mistakes, but my heart belongs to God. He is my creator, my saviour and my King. I may fall in weakness but in my weakness He is my victory. God holds it all in His hands and my whole life is in those hands. In His blood and His cross, I am set free from this world and in my mistakes, I seek forgiveness just as I forgive. 

So, despite the wrongs and the mistakes I have made and still make I will not stop to tell of His love and His gospel. I will not be broken nor will I be defeated, I will rise above my challenges and I will live free in His grace. 

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...