Tuesday 20 November 2018

Today Reminder (The Victor) – 20 November 2018


A reminder for today
O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. (Isaiah 25:1)

I always say to my son when he competes that sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. If we lose like a winner, we did not lose mentally but we also grew, because we do not give up. I have won many fights, but I have also lost many fights. The important part is that from each win and each loss I learn, and I grow. The result is that the next time it is much harder to defeat me, because my growth was not just physically but also mentally. 

The be the victor one must work hard but you must also be focussed and determined. I watched my friend train this morning and the intensity and focus that goes into her workout is amazing. No wonder she looks so good. The one thing I always say is that there are many people like us that train so hard every day, but I believe anyone can do it. It all comes down to will and want and goals. 

In life we battle the same way. We have our ups and we have our downs, but those ups and downs can either teach us something or break us. It is how we look at it and the perspective that we see from. If I look at what happened in my life the past month or two and all I could see is the loss and the pain and the hurt and the brokenness, and finally, I will think that I am bad and worthless. Then it will result in a mental breakdown that will push me down and drive me into depression.

Instead I fell to my knees and looked up at my God and I exalted Him for being with me. I praised my God for His mercy and grace and the wonders He does in my life. Although I had a lot of pain and anger, I kept my eyes on my God and my mind filled with Him. I listened…

God moved, and He did wonderful things in my life. I may have lost for a moment, but I also gained much more. I grew mentally, spiritually and physically. I am stronger in my soul, my mind, my faith and my body and I am so grateful for God and His love over my life. 

Not only did He lift me out of my despair, but He also brought amazing people into my life to help me grow and to support me. To be the victor in life we should not stare at the mountain, we should stare at the creator of the mountain, then the mountain will be sized down in comparison and in our faith, we will see it move. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...