Friday 16 November 2018

Today Reminder (Punished) – 16 November 2018


A reminder for today
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 15:57)

What a week. The exam is tough, and I have been helping my son in past few days to study for the exams, but it is struggle. So, I am doing grade 5 also and I stress every day as he goes to school to write. Did we do enough, will he be able to answer all the questions? I am in spiritual warfare as never before.

This morning my world broke down when I found out that my ex has a boyfriend and he lives with her. This in less than a month. This answers a number of questions, but it still hurts, and I must admit I have not been this hurt in a long time. So, yes, I am in huge spiritual warfare at the moment and I am battling to get control of my emotions, because they are up and down every minute. One minute I am so upset and the next I am better. I feel like a roller coaster.

It took me a while to hear the Lord today and I am still a little distant. He reminds me that my victory lies in Him. Although I feel miserable and pathetic at the moment, I am still victorious. I guess many of us find ourselves in a place where we are just lost and confused. We get upset at people, but the Lord tells us that people will disappoint us and we are shocked when they do something terrible, but we know that man is influenced by the world and the voice of the enemy. I know because I have made my fair share of mistakes in my life and I guess this is how she felt when I hurt her back then.

So, why do I feel punished? This is an emotion the enemy creates when he comes in to condemn and accuse. You see God loves you, but the enemy wants you to fall into pieces and give up. The enemy will throw everything he has to break you and he will find more. This is just an attempt to get to me and I must say for a moment there he did. I can’t remember when last I was this upset. It took the Holy Spirit a long time to get me calm and to hear His voice. I am still hurt, and I am still upset, but I have not lost the battle. 

Stand strong, my friend and resist the enemy, because then he will flee from you. Let God guide you and strengthen you, because there are still many attacks and I want to be the guy that when I wake in the morning, the enemy must say “Oh no, he is awake”. The war is on and I am just getting started.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...