Tuesday 6 November 2018

Today Reminder (What would you ask) – 6 November 2018


A reminder for today
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. (Matthew 21:21-22)

This verse has had me on my knees so many times. You see Jesus says something here that is critically important. He states that, and the important part is “If you have faith” and then He goes on to say that whatever you ask in prayer you shall receive. Now in context Jesus came upon a fig tree and He looked for fruit in it. The fig tree had no fruit and so Jesus basically cursed it by saying “Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever”. And presently the fig tree withered away.

So, Jesus cursed the tree and the disciples watched as it withered away. Now imagine that in relation to life. Jesus cursed the tree but indirectly He wanted them to understand that they (we) must bear fruit and in fruit He meant that we must live out His gospel and touch lives around us. Now the part that is mind blowing is when He said that with faith, we will do more than that. We can say to a mountain to lift itself up and cast itself into the sea and it will happen. 

Now if Jesus says to you that whatever you ask in prayer, and believe, you shall receive, what would you ask for? Now that is a question, because will you ask for more money, a bigger house, a new car or even a holiday. Although I believe that all that is possible, it is what is acceptable in God’s plan.
Now I would love to have my kids with me every day. But, am I selfish when I ask that or do, I have a valid reason and if God would grant me my question, when would He do it? I have often prayed for something and even though I continually prayed for it, God did not give it. Where is my mistake? Is it my faith or is it my patience or is it selfish or do I really need it?

The important thing is that when we pray for something we must pray in faith and trust God to answer our prayer in His time and in His way. Now, God knows what we need but He will also give according to His plan. So, even though I pray for something I have to pray in faith and trust God in His plan and in His time. In the end He will give us whatever we ask in prayer, but we have to glorify Him in it.

So, what would you ask for? Here is a few ideas that you can consider in your prayer tonight: food for the hungry, homes for the homeless, jobs for the jobless, love, peace, food, family, friends, neighbours, the lost, the rich, the poor, people in bondage, slaves, the hopeless, the lonely, those seeking, enemies, criminals, pastors, missionaries and the list goes on. 

My prayer is for our world and the bad in it that God will stop the bad and save our people. My prayer is for our leaders for wisdom and guidance. My prayer is for my kids for food, clothes, education and that they will be safe and with me. My prayer is for you, my friend, so that you will be blessed and strong and courageous and fearless. My prayer is for today so that we will show Jesus to everyone we meet.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...