Wednesday 7 October 2015

Today Reminder – 7 October 2015



A reminder for today
But you, O Lord, are a God of compassion and mercy, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. (Psalm 86:15)

God is not only the God of second chances; He is the God of another chance. This is good news because most of us mess up the second chance fairly quickly. One of the amazing facets of God's character is His incredible patience with us. Psalm 86:15 says it well: "But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness." Micah 7:18 says, "Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of his inheritance? He does not retain his anger forever, because he delights in steadfast love."

The Bible is full of people who received second chances, and even third and fourth chances: Peter, Jonah, Mark, Samson, David, and others. All trophies of God’s grace.

Just as God is patient and forgiving, He wants His children to be patient with and forgiving of others. "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience" (Colossians 3:12). He gives us second chances, and we must give the same to others. Jesus gives a stern warning to those who refuse to forgive, saying that if we will not forgive others, God will not forgive us (Matthew 6:15; see also Ephesians 4:32; Colossians 3:13; and Proverbs 19:11). If someone is truly repentant, then we are obligated to forgive (Matthew 18:21-22).

I stand in the amazing position where I am given a second chance and I am humbled by the way God is working in this whole process. I have been stubborn and uncertain about this and I have struggled to accept, but most of all I struggled with self-forgiveness and God just came and made me calm and opened my heart. He showed me His mercy and filled me once again with His love. He gave me certainty when I was at my most uncertain and He gave me direction when I have lost all hope. He made me understand and guided me to forgiveness. Today I am stronger and my path is so much clearer. I am so grateful for His mercy that I feel like falling to me knees every time I think about it.

So today I pray that we allow God to show us the way and that we will listen, follow and humble ourselves to His Word and His way. I pray that we will give second chances just as we receive second chances and that we will succeed in our challenges and turn them to victories for His glory. I pray this in Jesus name.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...