Monday 12 October 2015

Today Reminder – 12 October 2015



A reminder for today
For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12)

Friday was the end me. I finally reached that place where everything just broke. This year and all that has happened finally got the better of me and I snapped. Combined with fatigue and work stress it just over powered me and I gave in to it. I find myself at a place where I do not know the person I am anymore and I have forgotten the person I used to be. It is as if my always joyful and funny self is replaced by this person that is always angry and irritated at the world. I have lost me and I have lost my identity. I am stuck in this abyss of hurt and I just don’t want to hurt anymore. I want to let it go but it just keeps coming back and the slightest change triggers this ripple effect of anger that comes over me and I am ready to explode.

I think the Lord gave me a glimpse this morning of what is going on as I drove to work. I remembered that our fight is not against flesh and blood but against the rulers of darkness. Our fight is against satan and all his demons. I realised that I am in the midst of an enormous spiritual war and I am beginning to lose the fight. The enemy is using anger and depression to break whatever is left of me and make sure I am completely destroyed this time. 

I am so weak and I have almost no strength left to continue this fight. I am broken and it is getting harder with each passing moment to get up again and carry on. I feel that I just want to give up and throw in the towel. It feels as if I just can’t do it anymore.

Have you ever been here, my friend, at the end of your strength and with this tremendous feeling of hopelessness and self-pity? 

Today I want to remind you and me that we worship an all-powerful God and with Him there are no limitations to what we can achieve. It is not what we can do, but what we can do with Him. I am guilty of trying to stand and fight on my own. So today I pray that the Lord will come and break these walls that we continue to build between Him and us. I pray that the Lord will lift us up from where we have fallen and that He will renew our strength and redirect our feet back on our path. I pray that the Lord will bless us in such a way that the world around us will stand amazed at His wonder.

In Jesus name.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...