Thursday 29 October 2015

Today Reminder – 29 October 2015



A reminder for today
Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. (Luke 12:34)

I realised yesterday that my process to reconciliation is not going to be as easy as I hoped. I spoke to my father in law yesterday and after this conversation I realised that our focus is entirely different and that I do not agree with his requests. And as you know me by now I lied awake in my bed contemplating over this in a million different ways. I must say I am disappointed and hurt in a sense, because I expected something different than what I got. So you might ask what was my conclusion after hours of arguing with all my personalities.

I realised that my wife is my focus point and our happiness is more important to me than the ideas of other. Our success is more important than the perspectives of other and I really don’t care what people think of me. I know that our problems was not one sided and that we both are guilty and both of us made mistakes. It is just hard to be the only one that is questioned and placed under surveillance. But this is something I have to deal with and it is something many will be sorry for in days to come.

Jesus reminded me today that wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. My treasure is my wife and kids and this is where the desires of my heart will be. In the end it will be just the two of us and none of these “good Samaritans” will be there then. So I will redirect my energy towards our happiness and ignore whatever these people think or have to say. If you judge someone, you are indirectly judging yourself. And none of them are sin free.

So today I pray that the Lord will help us to focus on the things that are important and ignore the stuff that the enemy uses to hurt us. The enemy want us to feel guilty and useless and I pray that the Lord will change the negative thoughts in us to positive and self-uplifting thoughts that will return our joy and destroy all the bad stuff. In Jesus name.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...