Tuesday 27 October 2015

Today Reminder – 27 October 2015



A reminder for today
Then Peter came to him and asked, "Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?" "No, not seven times," Jesus replied, "but seventy times seven! (Matthew 18:21-22)

Forgiveness – so hard to give and so easy to ask for. Yesterday I decided to ask for forgiveness from my wife’s family and in the same process forgive everyone that I am angry with. I asked forgiveness from all of them and as I forgave I felt a huge burden fall away that I carried with me all this time. I felt how Jesus just lifted this darkness that surrounded me and I felt free for the first time in a long time. I also decided to stop worrying what other think of me, for they will see the work of my Father in me and they will be amazed, because the Lord has already done so much. 

Peter asked Jesus if he should forgive seven times and Jesus relied that he should forgive seventy times seven. My dear friend, how can we accept the forgiveness and freedom we have in Jesus if we can’t forgive? In forgiveness lies freedom and therefore I forgive all and everyone that has ever sinned against me. When we forgive completely the cross of Jesus find its full purpose and meaning in us and we can truly show the love of Jesus to the world around us. As much as I love Jesus passionately I also love my family and this love will reflect out of me and touch the people around me as I love other the same way I love myself.

So today I pray that you will find forgiveness and forgive all that ever sinned against you. I pray that the Lord will give you the same peace and freedom that has now filled my entire being. I pray that the Lord will bless you abundantly and as you seek Him in all you do, I pray that He will give you the desires of your heart. In Jesus name. 

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

PS: I am adding the “Parable of the Unforgiving Debtor” in case you were wondering how God will deal with an unforgiving person.

"Therefore, the Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to a king who decided to bring his accounts up to date with servants who had borrowed money from him. In the process, one of his debtors was brought in who owed him millions of dollars. He couldn't pay, so his master ordered that he be sold—along with his wife, his children, and everything he owned—to pay the debt.  "But the man fell down before his master and begged him, 'Please, be patient with me, and I will pay it all.' Then his master was filled with pity for him, and he released him and forgave his debt.  "But when the man left the king, he went to a fellow servant who owed him a few thousand dollars. He grabbed him by the throat and demanded instant payment. "His fellow servant fell down before him and begged for a little more time. 'Be patient with me, and I will pay it,' he pleaded. But his creditor wouldn't wait. He had the man arrested and put in prison until the debt could be paid in full.  "When some of the other servants saw this, they were very upset. They went to the king and told him everything that had happened. Then the king called in the man he had forgiven and said, 'You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me. Shouldn't you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?' Then the angry king sent the man to prison to be tortured until he had paid his entire debt.  "That's what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters from your heart." (Matthew 18:23-35)

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...