Friday 23 October 2015

Today Reminder – 23 October 2015



A reminder for today
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

Disappointment - sadness or displeasure caused by the non-fulfilment of one's hopes or expectations. I am terrible with disappointment and I must say that I hate it, if I can put it that way. I am a dreamer and I can dream up the wildest and nicest dreams and when you don’t seem to see it my way or when you can’t be excited about it as I am I can be so disappointed. But disappointment can happen in so many places. We get disappointed at work and with people and we get disappointed with life as it has no remorse in breaking us, but the worst disappointment and the one I struggle with most is disappointment in relationships. It can destroy you in the blink of an eye.

I thought I knew what God wanted, but today I am so uncertain and I have absolutely no idea what He wants me to do. I was so sure I am on the right path, but now I don’t know anymore. My disappointment has turned into heartache and sorrow and now I am left with that terrible emptiness when you feel that you have lost all you ever wanted.

The Lord reminds us today that we should stop worrying and instead pray about everything. We must tell God what we need and thank Him for what He has done. Then and then only will we experience His peace. So come with me today as I fall to my knees and tell God what I want.

Lord I want the pain to go away. I don’t want to hurt anymore and I don’t want this guilt anymore. Lord I want my family back and I want us to be happy. I want each day to be filled with laughter and understanding and peace and hope. I want us to get along and love each other without holding back. I want to be happy again and I want my friend to see me for who I am and accept me despite my mistakes and issues. I want to experience your love in our house more each day. I want you to be the centre of it all. In Jesus name.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...