Monday 5 October 2015

Today Reminder – 5 October 2015



A reminder for today
No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it's painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees. Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong. (Hebrews 12:11-13)

I am a type of person that loves exercise and fitness and to me it is important to look after your body. So I train harder than the next guy to keep in shape to look good. It is something that is important to me and I guess that is the way I am. I train twice a day and I follow a very strict diet to make sure my body gets the correct nutrition to keep it performing at its best. But, my downfall is that it is hard for me to understand if someone else is not like that. And it can cause quite a lot of friction in relationships, because I would rather go and run than to watch television. I don’t sleep late, because I get up early to do my first workout. I believe God said that our bodies are a temple and we should take good care of them. Too me that is to train my body to be the best it can be. Now the argument in this is that it makes me materialistic and my focus is on me and not my temple. 

Now here is how I see it. I do what I do, because God gave me a healthy body and more than everything I am humbled by the ability to do what I do and the opportunity to be able to train as much as I do. So too me I glorify God by using this gift and doing the best I can. I believe anyone can look good and feel good. No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it's painful! But this discipline I have is also important, because it is the bases of all that you do. If you commit to something it is important to set a goal and stick to that goal. If you want to lose weight, it will not help if you eat junk food. If you wish to change your life, it is just as bad to allow junk into your life. It all goes hand in hand. If you can discipline yourself in one thing it will be easier to do it in the next. The fight that we have to fight against the forces of darkness is not a once of battle, it is an ongoing fight that we fight each day and just as I train my body each day we need to train our Spirits each day and make the Word of God part of our daily thoughts. If we discipline ourselves in doing this we will be much stronger and not so easy to defeat.

Come and join me as we train on our knees. A healthy body hosts a healthy Spirit and mind.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...