Wednesday 9 January 2019

Reflections of faith (Structure) – 9 January 2019

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. (Psalm 28:7)

I am a very routine orientated person. I love my routines. I wake up at four, then I go to the gym and then to work and after school I pick up my kids and then we do homework and then I go and do my second job where I train kids. Having my kids at home is part of that routine and if you want to punish me you must take my kids out of my routine. So, I prefer structure and if you look at how I train and how I work it all has structure. Plus, I am a very analytical person, which means I am a right brainer. To top it all I am an introvert and I am not at ease in a crowd. Wow, no wonder my wife left.
Structure may be annoying for some, but to me it works. There is also structure in my life and this means that I always have my prayer time where I give my day and my challenges to the Lord. I prefer routine to not having a specific time for everything which means I get to do all the things I normally do in a day. The only downfall is that by the end of the day I am exhausted, and I normally fall asleep in mere seconds.

Structure also helps me with those do and don’ts. Since I like structure, I also use it in my diet and in my life style. I am a very health conscious person, so I will only eat what is healthy and good for my body. It adds to my faith where I am fully trusting the Lord. Structure also gives me focus and a goal. In all I am goal orientated and driven to achieve them. 

Knowing that I can not do all this on my own is a huge part of my success. You see, I know I can’t do it, but God will be my strength and my shield, so I trust Him and therefore I have much more joy in my life. I know He will change my circumstances, because He is already at work and He will build on the structure I already have so that I will overcome all my burdens and stand victorious for His glory in the end.

The other important thing is that I know God’s place in my structure and in what I achieve. I know what He does, and I glorify Him. God first and then the rest is how I structure it. I will give Him all the glory for all that I have and all that I do. This means that I praise Him as much as possible for everything. From the small stuff all the way to the big ones. 

Now, you may not like it, but a little structure to your life can have massive fruitful results. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...