Monday 28 January 2019

Reflections of faith (No thought) – 28 January 2019


Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. (Matthew 6:34)

I saw this verse on my ex-wife’s profile on WhatsApp and I thought I will ask the Holy Spirit to guide me in opening it a little for her. Maybe, just maybe she will see what I see and just maybe she will open her heart and allow the Lord to change her heart and guide her. Even though I do not think she will ever return or consider it, I keep her in my prayers.

Jesus spoke to the people and in this passage, He guides them by telling them how to pray emphasizing the importance of prayer and taking your worries and concerns to God. The passage ends with this verse where Jesus tells them to not worry about tomorrow. In the previous verses He compared our trust and faith to the birds and the flowers. Jesus makes the statement where He says that we should look at the birds. They never plant or harvest and yet the Lord takes care of them and then Jesus says are we not more important to God. 

Jesus says that God knows what we need, and He will provide in that. And then He makes this statement: “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

We need to seek God and seek His will. We need to turn our lives over to Him so that we can be restored and renewed. Then we will see clearly. With God all things are possible, and He can change any situation and renew any heart. It is us that turns away from Him. Anger and hate are the way of the enemy, but forgiveness and understanding are God’s way. When we seek Him and listen to Him, and by this I say we follow Him and do His will. His will is to sin no more and to forgive and to love. Then all these things will be added to our lives.

Then we will give no thought of tomorrow, because our hearts and our trust are in the one that created everything. Do you really want to turn from God’s will and follow your own, because then you will worry and you will never have rest nor peace. If you truly seek God first you will see how wrong, you are in your sin and you will turn from it. That righteousness is living a clean and forgiven life. A life where you are a child of God. Once you turned from your sin, Jesus makes you are new person, just as He made me a new person.

My heart belongs to God, and all I want is to heal the little hearts of my boys. But luckily God is busy with that. His amazing love and grace are so visible over them. Therefore, to my ex-wife I say this: how long before you see. I will keep you in my prayers. To you guys reading my blog I will add this: God loves you guys and I pray that you will be safe and that you will be blessed. Come with me as we keep putting God first and seek His will in every moment of every day.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...