Thursday 3 January 2019

Reflections of faith (A new you) – 3 January 2019

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

I have been working from home the past few days and I must admit I am beginning to enjoy it.  I am much more relaxed, and I have a remarkable peace that is over me. My classes are in full motion and we will soon step into the competition arena as the year moves into February. I actually had time to watch a little TV and that was just great. I love to think that every year move into a new time of possibilities and opportunities. We can better ourselves and improve on the year behind us. We can try new things and we can explore more. Every year opens a window to be more and to be better. That is why so many people make resolutions for the year ahead. The problem is that those resolutions sometimes does not make February. 

So, when we accept Jesus as our saviour and Lord we change. The old us change into a new you and the old dies as new things start. Now just as we need to constantly work on those resolutions otherwise, they are just mere words and never change anything, we also need to work on our relationship with the Lord. 

I have said it before and I will say it again. It is not easy to be a Christian. It is not easy that we follow Jesus, because this world hated Him first and it will hate us equally. So, the ruler of this world will try anything to perish those who follow Jesus Christ. Therefore, every day is a battle field. Now, I said that we need to work on those resolutions otherwise they will get lost in the rush and chaos of this world. But to be a follower of Jesus is to be like a health fanatic. I will train every day and I will never miss my workouts. In the same way I pray every day and I never miss my prayer session with my Lord.

If I do not go on my knees and talk to my God, just as if I would miss a workout, I would be a mess. God pulls me together and renews me and He restores me, because when I pray, I hand Him all my challenges. Just as I will give everything in my workout to work out the frustrations this world brings so that I can feel better. The Lord fills me with His peace and His strength so that I can face the enemy and be prepared for his mischief.

So, to be that new you every day, you need to work at it every day in prayer in by reading God’s word. I find so much wisdom and strength in His word and I must admit, without God I am nothing.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...