Tuesday 15 January 2019

Reflections of faith (Emotional war) – 15 January 2019


It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)

Days like yesterday where you try once again to talk a little sense into your ex and in the same time try and make sense of things that does not make sense can be emotionally exhausting. Last night I felt as if a train ran over me and then came back to do it a few more times. My whole being is at war and the enemy is really trying to get a firm grip, because he moved from emotional pain to financial strain. 

These verses in Lamentations brought me back to my path and the journey I am on. The enemy really wants me to quit and just give up. Then these verses reopened my eyes and my mind. It is by the mercies of God that this has not consumed me, because His empathy and kindness never stop and never fail. In fact, they are renewed every day. 

I can get so wrapped up in my challenges that I miss the mercies of the Lord. How do we deal with emotional war? Well that there is a question with no easy answer, nor does it have a specific answer. The options you have is to give in and give up and allow the enemy to steal your blessings or you can man up and face another day. I often have to put on my happy mask to conceal my pain and frustration, but after a while. After I start to listen, the mask is replaced by real joy and true peace. 

We get so caught up in our own thoughts that we miss the message that God is giving us. We are consumed by the world and the lies of the enemy in such a way that we miss out on the mercies and the joy that is in Jesus Christ.

All the roads may lead to Rome, but there is only one way to Jesus, and it is not an easy way. It is a narrow and difficult path that we have to stumble through, because we are often so burdened that I do not think we walk. We walk and we stumble, and we fall, but we get back up again. I can’t tell you how many times the Lord had to pick me up in the last month. If it was not for His grace and faithfulness I would probably be gone. 

So, where am I going with this. Well I have stood in front of the wall of impossible a few times and the only way to not be overwhelmed by its size is to look at the God beside you. To take your wall and show it to the Lord Jesus. To tell Him how badly you need to continue and cross that wall and finally to have faith and trust and allow Him to work in His time and in His way.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...