Monday 14 January 2019

Reflections of faith (Delivered) – 14 January 2019


I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)

How was your weekend, my friend? I hope you got enough rest and spend some time with friends or family. It was a weekend where I had a number of attacks from the enemy and I think the fact that I am not over my divorce and the whole two houses thing creates a number of soft targets that the enemy exploits a lot. 

So, much of my weekend was in prayer and every time I think I got a grip on things something else happens and the enemy just bombards me with negativity and lies. He condemns me and steps on the pieces of what is left of my broken heart. 

What does “delivered” mean? Deliver is to bring and hand over. Delivered means participle passive Freed; released; transferred or transmitted; passed from one to another; committed; yielded; surrendered; rescued; uttered; pronounced.

I sought the Lord. I sought Him and He heard me, and His comforter intervened and worked for me. I think He is still busy, but I have much more peace than before. God is slowly busy to deliver me from all my fears and step by step He is rebuilding but He is also reinforcing at the same time. 

You see God knows how we broke but He also knows to what extend we broke. So, like any good building contractor He assess and then He restores. Some houses need only minor adjustments, but some house like me needs a complete do over. Some parts can be reinforced but some needs to be broken down and rebuild all together. 

In the end the me I see in the mirror will look from outside the same as before, but the inside will be completely redesigned and made over so that He can dwell in me fully. You see sometimes God changes our circumstances, but sometimes He changes us. I believe that He is busy changing me, because He needs me to adjust and reconcile to His path and His way.

So, I am delivered, but in that delivery, I still need to be reconfigured and moulded into the new design that God has planned. He knows that it should be a slow process and not a fast fly by night fix, because He needs these changes to compile and He needs me to process them and accept them so that I will be the best that I can be for Him and for His glory.  

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...