Wednesday 16 January 2019

To my "Ex" wife and her boyfriend

Dear Jo and Donovan,

I contemplated about writing this email the past few days and then decided I will do it anyway. You see by now more than one person spoke to me and confirming when your affair started. Funny thing is they place it earlier than what I thought. So, Jo you can stop with the lies and the act. There are actually people that saw you they just could not keep quiet anymore. 

Now, Donovan I would love to meet you and believe me it will not be a social call. I am going to put you in a wheelchair. I know it is not my place to judge and yes, I do not know you, but if your intentions were honourable, we would not be where we are. It is easy to prey on the weak and a wife that is unhappy is an easy target. Believe me I know all the tricks, I made my mistakes and still carry that burden. We find similar creatures in the wild and we call them vultures. If you were a person of integrity, I would not hear about the things you did behind my back. Funny thing is the whole company knows. I am the only idiot that thought Jo was not like that.

Yes, Jo can try and justify her act by telling the world about my affairs. But that is ok, because I told the entire world what I did on my blog and repeatedly asking for forgiveness. You see I stood in front of her family a few years back begging their forgiveness and pledging to never hurt Jo again. And I did exactly that. Jo can try and talk that away by telling her family that she is tired of fighting, but if you are the only one trying to rebuild a home while the other one is doing everything to break it down, you get frustrated. But what she neglects to tell all those eager to gossip friends in sales is that I always went back and said I am sorry. She on the other hand, not so much.

Donovan, you came into a house that I was trying to fix and trying to rectify my mistakes. I love my kids and I would do anything for them. You two may say that you care for them and that you only have good intentions, but if that was true. We would not be here. You have to look those boys in the eyes and know that you broke up a home. Jo said I did nothing wrong when she left and that it was not me, but her. I know those words. That is what you say when you have someone else.
She is right I did nothing wrong. I love her with all my heart, and you took that heart and destroyed it. A heart that was under the impression that it was forgiven. You can’t say you forgive and bring me back into your life for a few years and then suddenly say you can’t forgive me. That is cruel, but more so is it a scape coat of someone that is not willing to fight for her children and home where they can be a family. That is all I wanted is a family, but apparently, I am the only one that understands the word in the end.

Jo would say she is unhappy, but I did everything for her. I knew the burden she carried at work therefore I tried to make her burden at home as light as possible. I wonder if she actually saw it. We make our own happiness, but if you keep telling yourself you are unhappy and you do not talk about it, then are you really unhappy or playing for time. She would say that she had anxiety attacks. Well I never saw them. In fact, for someone with all that stress she fell asleep most of the time before eight. I always talked to her telling her about my days and all my challenges, because I love her, and she was my best friend. She never told me what bothered her and when I asked her why she never spoke to me and shared her concerns, she said she did not know why. It is because she did not want to rebuild this home, she did not care. Then again you have to look those little boys in the eyes every day knowing you broke their home.

Finally, you cannot build something on lies. I know very well. That is why I told Jo everything about my affairs so that I can rebuild on truth. I have no place to judge you, Donovan nor you Jo. I know I have to turn the other cheek. But if you wanted me to treat you just and fair, you would not have walked into my house like a thief. I will end with this: I do not care what you and Jo do, and I do not even care about the lies anymore. All I care about is my kids. They are my life. So, stay away from them, because what you are doing is wrong and I do not want my kids to see that. I know all about the policies we have about this kind of conduct. I hope you do. We will meet one of these days, Donovan and you will see my other side. I fact I will open and close your eyes. Jo, I only hope that somewhere in your heart you can feel and when you see my boys again that feeling will remind you that they need a home more than anything. I have told you numerous times that anything is possible and that I would still do anything for you. But I am a fool. In future ask Donavan to fix your curtains and hang your pictures and Jo, get your own medical aid.

Have an awesome day and I hope you are happy.

Cheers

PS: I am leaving this on my blog so that my son can read it one day and know that his dad continued to hope his mom will come to her senses.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...