Friday 18 January 2019

Reflections of faith (Upon a rock) – 18 January 2019

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock. (Matthew 7:24)

What a week. I have never been so disappointed, hurt and angry all at the same time. I am glad it is Friday, I need a hug. The Holy Spirit has been hard at work with me the last two days reminding me of God’s way and God’s sayings. I have to realign my way back to His way and I have to heal from my loss. I have to step out of my pit and embrace His love and grace. I have to make His word part of my life and I have to listen to His voice. I have to try and let go of my hurt and move on. I have to accept.

Jesus said that whoever hear His words and does them is considered wise. And that wise man is a man that builds his house on solid rock. The house Jesus refers to is us and when we listen to His voice and His words, we will be wise, and we will build our foundation on Him. He is the rock that will keep you from tumbling and the foundation that you can build, rebuild and flourish on.

Any process can take time, but pain heals over time. No matter how deep and how hard it may seem, it heals. We are fortunate that we worship the greatest healer. In all processes of life and in all our pain and storms there are lessons to be learned. I have learned a great deal over the past few months and I also seen people stand up for me. That is awesome and amazing how God works and how He guides and help. The truth will always set you free. Sometimes it might not be the truth you wanted to hear and sometimes it is just what you knew, but in both cases, it will free you. And so, it did. 

Be strong and listen to God’s voice and do His will. Be wise and be fearless. God loves you no matter your past or your mistakes. Do not let the enemy confuse you by trying to misguide you and convict you of stuff you are forgiven for. Everyone has freedom to choose, so choose His will and His way.  

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...