Wednesday 23 January 2019

Reflections of faith (Help) – 23 January 2019


I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. (Psalm 91:11)

I am beginning to feel like Job. I said last week I do not know what I will do if anything else goes wrong and guess what, I have to fix my roof. They send me a quote yesterday and I nearly had a heart attack. I have no idea how I am going to pay back my debt and then it just became more. As I drove to work, I thought about this and I just turned to the Lord and I said I will trust you with this and I know there will come a time when I will look back at this time in my life and I will remember how the Lord carried me through it.

So, today I look up at those mountains before me and I ask with a trembling voice, where will my help come from. I am alone in this battle and I am a single parent battling to keep everything together. So, where will my help come from? I look up again and I know that my help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth. He is the God who spoke, and the heavens were formed. He is my God, and in His hands, I will find my refuge.

My mountains may look impossible to cross but my faith remains firm and dependant on my Lord and God. Therefore, I remind you that the enemy wants the challenges to look impossible, but God is fine with that, because when they seem impossible God’s work will be so much more visible. I may find myself in an impossible situation, but I know my God will battle for me and He will move my mountains and I will sing praises as I do anyway. His grace will shine in this miracle and the world will know that He is God and I am His child.

The mountain before you are not nearly as big as the God behind you.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...