Tuesday 8 January 2019

Reflections of faith (Ask) – 8 January 2019

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

I find myself in a continuous financial challenge as the enemy tries everything in his power to get to me and break my faith. I love the phrase if one door closes another opens. Here in John 14 Jesus starts of with “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.” He then says that whatever you ask in my name will I do so that the Father can be glorified in the Son. Then He says again ask anything in my name and I will do it.

Jesus is telling us that we must pray. We must take our worries and our problems, and we must pray to Him. He knows what we need and if we pray with an unselfish heart for our needs and the needs of others, He will hear our prayers and He will answer those prayers. We need to pray about it and then we need to thank God for it. James wrote that the effectual fervent (enthusiastic) prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

It is clear that Jesus wants us to pray and He wants us to trust Him. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. He is with me and He will help me and save me from my enemy. He will deliver me from the challenges that is before me and He will restore me. 

We must stand together and pray for each other as I continue to pray for you. I have an amazing friend on twitter that continues to pray for me and I can feel how God is moving in me and around me. He will pull me out of my pit and He will lift me up. He will hear my prayers and He will bless me. I will rise from this and I will glorify Him in all my victories just as He delivered me through a challenging December, He will carry me through a storm ridden 2019. 

Come with me as we spend time in His word and glorify Him for all the blessings we have. Let His love shines through us and let us share His love and His gospel wherever we go. Do not fear and do not lose faith. Stand firm with me as we walk into the next wave of challenges fearless and courageous. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...