Monday 21 January 2019

Reflections of faith (Word) – 21 January 2019


But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Matthew 4:4)

Sundays are my most conflicting days. Believe me I love Sunday. I love going to church and just getting some rest in. But Sundays are also our swop days. It is on a Sunday that my kids come to me for a week of they have to go to their mother for a week. You can imagine which one is my least favourite. This morning I took my kids to church and our series this month is on Word. The word of God. But during the service our worship leader gave a word and what she said was me completely. She took her life as an example and she said that God wipes your history clean and He has a plan for you no matter your mistakes nor your past. With all that has happened in the past few months I have been blaming myself over and over again and it came to point where I was just plain broken. Hearing her say that and feeling the Holy Spirit confirming it inside me was amazing. It lifted a little more of that pain that is still so evident in me. 

Jesus said that man shall not live by bread alone, by every word that comes out of the mouth of God. The word of God is powerful, it is like a double-edged sword that can cut through skin and bone. It is the strength we need when the weight of the world is pushing down on us. It is filled with wisdom and answers and it builds your spirit and makes you stronger against the attacks of the enemy. 

Spending time in His word gives you answers but it also equips you with the tools you need to do God’s will. You will find peace in it and truth and restoration. Just as I am seeking restoration from my past, His word and His love will repair me and finally a full makeover of the broken vessel I was.
There is power in His word, but there is also life. Jesus said that in Him we will find life, and, in His word, we will have life. He is the creator of all, and everything is made by Him and for Him. 

Therefore, it is imperative that we spend as much time as possible in His word and in prayer. Make yourself stronger by taking in His word and living it out every day.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...