Tuesday 11 November 2014

Today Reminder – 11 November 2014 (Day 7 – Moments)



A reminder for today
That's the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone's duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad. (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14)

Lately I have been thinking about my judgement day and how I think it will be like. I have lived a life where I have made many mistakes and there are days when I feel I still struggle with them. I guess the enemy likes to remind me of where I was and what wrongs I have made. My moment today is basically focussed on where I am going and where I am supposed to be.

My dear friend, each one of us live with struggles and some of these struggles are almost like chains that we carry through our lives and they keep slowing us down. If we keep on looking back why do we want to move forward? To move on is like driving, you cannot look back if you are driving forward. You are bound to hit something sooner or later. If we are to move forward we need to focus on our destination. When you are on a journey or travelling somewhere you know where you are going and you follow the roads until you have reached your destination.

Life is similar in that respect. We are on a journey and we need to be sure about our destination, because then we can follow the directions in the Word and travel fearlessly on the roads ahead. God is my GPS and He is the guide that leads me on the roads that I need to take. I may have made many mistakes and I may still make hundreds more, but one thing I am a hundred percent sure of is where I am headed. My journey is to God and I will make it mistakes and all, because Jesus is my saviour.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...