Friday 14 November 2014

Today Reminder – 14 November 2014 (Day 10 – Moments)



A reminder for today
Don't put your trust in mere humans. They are as frail as breath. What good are they? (Isaiah 2:22)

I am thinking about influences today. And there goes my mind back twenty five years when I was still in school. I remember as a boy how easily you could be influenced by what other think is cool. When you are young you would do almost anything to be accepted and to be part of a group. When you are young you can be so gullible and naïve. When we get older that all changes and you get to a point where these things don’t bother so much anymore but we are still affected inside of what other say and think of us. I guess that need for acceptance never really dies.

The only problem is where we seek our acceptance and our help. Today I know that my acceptance that I desire is with God, and you know the funny thing is that we do not need to do anything for that acceptance. He accepts us just as we are, because He made us just as we are. Each one of us is special in his or her own way and we are uniquely designed for God’s purpose. Yes, my friend you have a purpose and believe it or not, your purpose in this world is just as important as that of world leaders. 

It is the world and our worldly perspectives that belittle our design and purpose. But it is when we are in Jesus and we change our way we see the world when we will realise our true purpose. We are here for His glory no matter where you are or what you do. Mere humans will not be able to guide and lead you to your full purpose. Nope, only God will pick up a fear filled child and make a fearless warrior.

He is more than a breath, He is my breath.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...