Thursday 27 November 2014

Today Reminder – 27 November 2014 (Day 19 – Moments)



A reminder for today
With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation! (Isaiah 12:3)

Our salvation lies in Jesus Christ and with this verse in my head I have a multitude of thoughts that is bubbling everywhere in my brain. Jesus is the water of life. He is that spring that flows through us refreshing our spirits and giving us hope. He is the very reason for my existence and the reason I get up and fight again today. He is the blood rushing through my veins and the air that fills my lungs. He is all that I am.

Jesus replied, "Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life. (John 4:13-14)

My moment today is you and me standing at the side of a swimming pool on a very hot day. We dive in and the cool water refreshes us and drains out the heat filling us with a new found coolness. As we rise up out of the water it splashes out of the pool all over those standing on the side and they too are refreshed by the cold water that now covers us all. As the water drips of us we are renewed in our strength and our passion is regained so that we can face the heat in the midst of this dry storm.

The waves of that we made when we dived in now splashes on the sides of the pool breaking the drought on the ground beside the pool and spreading all over the entire area. With joy all of us drink deeply from the fountain that burst out of the ground as the Spirt enters.

On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, "Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.'" (John 7:37-38)

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...