Thursday 20 November 2014

Today Reminder – 20 November 2014 (Day 14 – Moments)



A reminder for today
Make the LORD of Heaven's Armies holy in your life. He is the one you should fear. He is the one who should make you tremble. He will keep you safe. (Isaiah 8:13-14)

I am troubled in my moment today as I think about these verses. Do we fear God or do we like to think we do? I think I do not fear Him the way one should fear His judgement. When we are afraid of something it consumes you and you are reluctant to encounter those fear, because of the way it makes you feel. In contradiction to fear God the Bible also mentions 365 times that you should not be afraid. So why should we fear God or do we understand it correct?

To fear God is to fear His judgement. When we live a life that glorifies His name and honour His ways we will never need to fear anything and least of all His judgement. When we live against His ways and guidance we are headed for destruction. 

So today I am humbled again when I look at the way Jesus lived. He said that He is the way and His way is the only way. Come with me today my friend as we realign our lives with Him and reconcile our ways with His ways. Let us follow the Master and live to be like Him. Let us go down on our knees and allow Him to change us so that we will be the friends that He so need. Let us forget about ourselves and focus on Him so that we will have nothing that comes between us and His grace. Let us be more, because with Him we are without limits.

In the end, all we have is Him.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...