Wednesday 12 November 2014

Today Reminder – 12 November 2014 (Day 8 – Moments)



A reminder for today
"Come now, let's settle this," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool. (Isaiah 1:18)

I watched the movie Son of God for the first time and I must say I enjoyed it. There is a scene where Jesus walked past the tax collectors and as he looked at Matthew He told this story:

"Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer*: 'I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else. For I don't cheat, I don't sin, and I don't commit adultery. I'm certainly not like that tax collector! I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.' "But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, 'O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.' I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted (Luke 18:9-14)

My dear friend, when we stand alone and broken before His wonder and we open our hearts so that all that hurts flows out from us and into His loving embrace we will be white as snow again. When we humble ourselves and accept that we are nothing without Him and that we are lost without Him we will be renewed and stronger than before. Even if your sins are as red as scarlet, they are washed away by the blood of Jesus. Open your heart and call out to Him and give Him your heart. The mercy of our God is beyond our own understanding.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...