Monday 7 September 2015

Today Reminder – 07 September 2015 (Day 5 – Dear Lord)



A reminder for today

Dear Lord, It was only yesterday I held a new life in my arms. I thank you for my wonderful sons, they are so precious to me. And each year that passes I grow more amazed at who they are becoming. I ask that you continue to protect them and keep them each day in the year ahead. 

Help me to be a good parent. As I dwell in your love, may I give my own sons an ocean of love to abide in and as I receive your forgiveness, may I always be ready to forgive my own sons and offer them a new day. As I hope in you, and look forward to the future knowing your guidance. May I gently protect and lead my own beloved sons into a place of hope and vision for their future.

I cannot always be with my precious sons, yet I trust in you and know you are beside them each day. Walk close to them at school, Lord. Help them to laugh, play, learn, have fun and make friends. I trust in you. 

1. Create in my son a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within him (Psalm 51:10).

2. May my son walk after You, God, and fear You and keep Your commandments and obey Your voice. May he serve You and hold fast to You (Deuteronomy 13:4).

3. May my son be strong and courageous and not fear or be in dread, for it is You, Lord, our God, who goes with him. You will never leave him or forsake him (Deuteronomy 31:6).

4. May my son walk before You, God, as King David walked, with integrity of heart and uprightness, doing according to all that You have commanded him, and keeping Your statutes and rules (1 Kings 9:4).

5. Like Timothy, may my son be an example to believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity (1 Timothy 4:12).

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us the tools of Your Word and prayer to fight the battle for our sons’ hearts. Help me see who our real enemy is when we are in a conflict. May You be glorified in all I do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...