Thursday 24 September 2015

Today Reminder – 24 September 2015 (Day 18 – Dear Lord)



A reminder for today

“The second is equally important: 'Love your neighbour as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these." (Mark 12:31)

Yesterday I went to train after work. It is my second training session and it was much later than usual. I was surprised at how many people train that late at night. As I was running I realised that each one of them are almost in their own little world busy with their own thing with no regard to the other people around them. It made me realise again that we live past each other and in most cases we barely know anything about the people around us. Is this how we are supposed to love our neighbours? I would say no, because if you love someone you should take a keen interest in that person and in their lives. You should stand by them in their difficult times and laugh with them in their good times. You should support them when they need help and listen when they need an ear and an understanding heart. You should be there for them all the time.

Today I pray that the Lord will help us to be true friends. I pray that the Lord will always be visible in us to the people around us and that His kindness will reflect through us and shine on our friends. I pray that the Lord will give us an understanding heart and clear mind so that we can help and support our friends. I pray that we will love fully like Jesus does.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...