Monday 21 September 2015

Today Reminder – 21 September 2015 (Day 16 - Dear Lord)



A reminder for today

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.” (Matthew 7:1)

Judging other is something that comes so easily for us. This weekend I made exactly that mistake. You see when I got home on Saturday my neighbour had a lot of people over and was starting a huge party. I was looking on from the outside and made up my mind that this was there just to annoy me and I do not like noise. So in spite of trying to understand I judged immediately. The next day I decided that I will not stand for this so I confronted my neighbour only to find out that it was his birthday and a once off celebration plus he tried to warn the people that there will be noise and because I work late and leave early, he could not tell me in advance.

So I judged incorrectly. But how many of us make the same mistake every day. We judge without trying to understand or accept or forgive. It made me think how I was judged by other and maybe still is and how people judged a friend of mine by accepting their own ideas and not realising that there are always two sides to everything.  I realised that the past year has changed me in a way and made me very short-tempered. I am quick to react and very sensitive to what people say and do. I cannot accept the bullying of someone by people with just as many flaws and I have a huge problem when people judge, so why do I do it then? 

I had to dig deep and realise that I need to make a few changes in me. Change always begins with one self.
So today I pray that the Lord will guide our hearts and free us from judgement and from judging other. I pray that the Lord will guide us in forgiving and letting go of the things that keeps us from fully living in His blessings.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...