Tuesday 29 September 2015

Today Reminder – 29 September 2015 (Day 20 – Dear Lord)



A reminder for today
Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. (Philippians 2:3-4)

I find myself in a sad place this morning. I am filled with self-pity and remorse. Yesterday my mood and determination was broken and at an all-time low. I feel that I have been self-centred and only looking out for my own self. I have forgotten what the Lord teaches and I have forgotten to be humble and I did not look out for the interests of other. I feel numb in my soul as I start my day and I realise that I have taken the Lord’s words and ignored them. 

How many times are we selfish and self-centred? It is so easy to look only at our own interests and disregard the interests of other. I feel that I need to say sorry and that I need to change my focus and return home to my Lord. I need to break these chains that the world have on me. I need to fall to my knees and fully give my life to my Lord. I need to be more that this empty vessel that seems to float pointlessly on a calm ocean. I need to look up to those mountains again and I I need to remember where my help comes from.

We should stop being selfish and we should never try to impress other. We should be humble and we should think of other as more than what we are. We should look out for the interests of other more than we look out for our own interests.

So today I pray that the Lord will give us a humble heart and remove all selfishness from our lives. I pray that we will look out for other and glorify the Lord with each selfless act. I pray for forgiveness. I pray that we will forgive ourselves and forgive everyone that wronged us in our lives. I pray that the Lord will lift us up today and fill our Spirits with joy and peace. I pray for new beginnings as we start our journeys. I pray that the Lord will restore our faith and lead us to be close to Him. In Jesus name.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

PS. I am leaving the blood moon background on this week so that I will be a symbol for us to renew our lives and our faith. Our time is running out. Don’t waste a single moment.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...