Friday 10 March 2017

Today Reminder – 10 March 2017



A reminder for today
Jesus responded, "Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!" Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm. The disciples were amazed. "Who is this man?" they asked. "Even the winds and waves obey him. (Matthew 8:26-27)

I love these verses. I am looking through the window and it is a windy and cold day outside. My kids are sick, but so are almost everyone. My son and I were talking about Jesus yesterday and how He calmed the storm. I am looking at the wind outside and I am thinking what was it like on that boat that day. Jesus was asleep while this storm was raging on. Now can you imagine the disciples? They must have been out of their minds, because they are scared that the boat is going to sink and Jesus is sleeping. What were they thinking? So they woke Him filled with fear and I guess they were thinking is better to be awake when you sink. Jesus looked at them as they were shivering and scared and He was angry. Now imagine this, you woke Jesus because you are pretty sure from all your experience as a fisherman that today is your last and then Jesus is angry at you. Jesus shouted and said they have little faith, got up and rebuked the wind and waves and poof the storm was gone. Now put yourself in that boat. I wish I could see their faces. I image that for months after that they were still unsure what just happened. 

I am thinking here we are in the midst of our own little storms in life, and we are at a point that we know we are going down and then Jesus just calms the storm. Our faith is so small. Jesus said if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you would be able to move a mountain. Now please google mustard seed and see for yourself, what the criteria is for moving a mountain. It is time that we turn away from our worldly fears and start to live with Godly faith.

I want to see you move mountains, so come and let us put on our big boy shoes and start having faith. Let us stop living with worldly fears and let us embrace what Jesus said we could do. If He beliefs in you, why can you not believe in you. 

Lord, I pray that we will all be filled with a renewed burst of faith and that we will let go of our worldly self and embrace our new self in you. Let is wear your armour and let us defeat the enemy. Let your will be done and let your kingdom come. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...